Friday, October 11, 2013

Blog Post 6

I think from a DTC perspective, interesting has a lot to do with creativity. Thinking outside of the box will help your project stand out better than the rest of the class. Unlike most other majors, DTC requires you to think about topics from a rhetorical perspective, as well as a creative one. Combining many types of information you see and hear will help your idea be the most interesting and unique.

On the other hand, the opposite of this will be media that is plain and boring. Things that don’t grab people’s attention won’t keep it either. I’ve noticed, from my experience, I’ve learned the most from my classmates projects that have unique and distinguishable traits.


DTC is a rather new field with the intention of furthering the technological aspects of society that we have today. It’s important to be looking forward so your work will be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. As a last chance semester hunt to leave a comment, I am glad to have read this post preceding my comment. It's rather timely actually, because I have been doing a lot of thinking of what DTC has taught me. And why those things are important just an individual creative human, and also going into the world shortly from now. You point out one of the most important aspects of this field, and mindset, you must be distinguishable from all the other things out there that are similar.
    My thoughts lately have been wrapped up in being the MOST unique, the MOST creative, the MOST savvy, and being BETTER at designing or creating. One word from your post helped me to instantly change my direction of thought; the word 'traits'. Traits are individual things about something else. Describing an object, a piece of work, a person, nature, etc.
    This word, traits, trumps the mindset that some designers in DTC can become accustomed to. The mindset hat all we know and are capable of doing NEEDS to go into every piece of work we produce. We learn so many interesting, helpful things to inform our work and produce better pieces, however they don't need to have every thing we have learned packed into it. It's more about a few unique traits that will change the image of the piece and leave it stirring in people.

    I searched through articles that would help me shape my mindset as a graphic designer; http://naldzgraphics.net/tips/how-to-have-designer-mindset/

    I think that a few of these tips speak to what you have said about being unforgettable and making your work, work.

    ReplyDelete